Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coming June 2013



Put Your Weight On It is a podcast series that focuses on the blaxploitation OST genre. The sound set a precedent for a visual auditory merging that shaped black culture in an unforgettable way. It is no secret that the music was just as popular as the films. Much to my surprise, there is very little historical or analytical information focusing specifically on the music created during the period. I've made it my mission to collect all soundtracks from the period from original presses to later releases. Put Your Weight On It is an exploration and analysis of the scores that I've collected. I've collected a priceless treasure of soundtracks that helped elevate blaxploitation films to a new level and increased the genre’s popularity. This podcast also acts as a means of preservation and dissemination. The goal is to hip folks to the the importance of the music of the era. Episode 1 will be comprised of three segments:

I. Threshold-Things Are a Changin'
II. Genesis-Power of the People
III. Right On!-The Essentials

Look for it! Spread the word! Gratitude for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment